- Forget the two page resume. The longer the better. At least for Maris. The more robust the resume the more likely you are to show up as a match in a keyword search whether the client is seeking marketing, communications, product management or digital. Your resume submitted to the Maris Talent Tribe should have absolutely everything you have ever done that you are willing to do again for money (save the love for other opportunities). Typically we will ask for a more targeted resume once we are positioning you for a specific placement.
- Start with your expertise. A bulleted list of expertise at the top of your resume not only covers more critical key words but lets us (and our clients) know at a glance what you consider to be your killer talents. LinkedIn can help build a resume but do not rely on their app alone.
- Show results. Another bulleted list of “career high” results and achievements across all your work. Be concise and specific with target and outcome and reveal as much as allowed about the program/project and how you exceeded results.
- Software expertise is CRITICAL in many placements so by all means go ahead and list WordPress, SalesForce and Eloqua along with Excel and Office and all those silly named interfaces that start with “monkey”. While you’re at it, include professional training, certificates and impressive seminars.
- List all your industry experience. Yes, all of them – from hi tech to healthcare to telecom and consumer packaged goods. We place talent across all industries.
- Chronology. Give us companies, titles and dates to present. Dangling gaps? Just explain them (like gave birth to triplets or learned to cook in Italy).
Marketing, Communications, Product Management, Creative Services Staffing / Recruiting Experts – Freelance / Consultant + Direct Hire